Sunday 9 December 2012

Flame Monster... In a Lamp.

Well, here is the first piece to be uploaded (yay!).
This one, for any who know of this anime, is kind of based on Calcifer from 'Howl's Moving Castle' by Miyazaki, and the idea of fire spirits...

I must admit it was a pain to work on, it took forever with some parts...
I had to clean up the lamp that was found in my Aunt's shed before it was ripped down... THAT was one filthy lamp before I got to it... :D

I had some 'only hardens when you bake it' kind of plastersene that I hadn't used from a previous assignment in high school, seemed like the right thing with the colours being as they were. So I molded it around a wire structure and it worked. 
Personally, I think there are a few too many flames on it.

The moth was part of the original idea, due to Calcifer's eating habits in the film, and based on one of those little white moths you find every so often...

The tricky bit, after I baked it, was getting it into the darn lamp :/ He was very brittle, therefore he has broken a few of his flames off, and at one point the moths head came off too... Yikes! But thanks to super glue, he was repaired... Sadly that never stays the case, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment